Monday, June 27, 2011

Heatwave

So summer is suddenly bursting out all over and it's bloomin' hot. Yesterday was the hottest day of the year so far (28c here in Birmingham) and today isn't far behind.

So, am I draped elegantly in a deck chair with a tall glass of something cold and a good book? Am I heck. I've had my head in a paint pot most of the day, decorating the bathroom. We made a special trip out to buy the paint yesterday so I thought I'd better show willing and actually use the stuff. And the bathroom desperately needs some 'tlc'; thanks to several previous aborted attempts at redecoration it currently has about nine different colours on the walls. Not bad for a room that's only about six foot square!

I got the first coat on the bottom half of a couple of the walls but now it's threatening to thunder and I may have to shut the window... which means no ventilation. Hmm. Paint fumes and a heatwave. What a combination.

And just in case anyone is wondering, no I'm not painting the walls bright purple. I'm using a nice tasteful, neutral (and utterly boring) beige.

No comments: