Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Nice start to the year

I had some lovely news yesterday as the editor at Byker Books confirmed that Rock and a Hard Place will indeed be appearing in Volume 2 of 'Radgepacket - Tales from the Inner Cities'. This is a real bonus since he wasn't originally sure he could squeeze it in and was talking about putting it in Volume 3 instead. Since that would have meant waiting an extra three months or so, I'm delighted. Vol. 2 is due out late February/early March and obviously I'll post more details as soon as I have them.

In other news, I've managed to do some writing again for the first time for weeks, on the Lake District novel. I didn't get far, but I did manage to start it for the *fourth* time of asking, to copy across the prologue and the first few paragraphs of Chapter One, and add another 1,000 or so words, before close of play. And have a jolly good think about where I'm going and what the structure will be, since that's always my biggest downfall. Now, if I can just keep the momentum going....

No comments: