Saturday, June 10, 2006

Selling myself

Well, not quite literally. :D

I never ever thought I would be saying this, but following a suggestion from one of my readers, I've set up a Yahoo group to announce new releases, forthcoming books, contests and all that sort of thing. I find this ever so slightly amazing because I never thought I'd be successful enough to have my own mailing list. Also, being your typical reserved Brit *grin*, I still find promoting myself and my books quite hard work and would much rather dig a large hole in the sand and hide in it, than push lots of promotional messages down everyone's throats.LOL But she was absolutely right - not everyone has the time or the inclination to go checking my website every five minutes and this way they get the important nuggets of information delivered right to the doorstep.

Just in case anyone's interested in joining up, the new group is at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Glass_Illusions/ . It's an updates-only list, rather than chat, so nobody need be shy about joining or feel that it takes up too much of their time. Hope to see some or all of you there!

No comments: