Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Scribbling about ghosts again

Got cracking on 'Ebb Tide' and added over 1100 words which is pretty good progress for me these days. *rolls eyes* It felt wonderful to be scribbling again without constant interruptions, or sudden thoughts of 'oh Lord I should be doing so and so' popping into my head, and with a clear run came clearer thinking. I added the whole of the next sex scene, suitably interrupted by the baddie with a knife, and am now ready to start the bit where the hero first realises his love interest is a ghost.

Mind you, I've spotted one or two potential holes in the plot and may have to go back soon and write around or plug those. That's the trouble with a plot involving time slippage - you write about things in the present, and then forget to have the suitable action happen in the past. For instance, in the present Tim finds his own initials carved on a wooden chest in the cave - but so far nothing's happened in the past to get those initials onto that chest. *rolls eyes again* Ah well, at least I spotted 'em in time to do something about them. It would be so much more embarrassing to submit to a publisher and have my editor pick up on the holes!

No comments: