Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Leeches

Spent some time working on a short story about the King of the Leeches. LOL You wouldn't think it was possible to write erotica about leeches, would you? But I seem to have managed it. I worry about me sometimes. ;)

This is one of three stories with a similar theme (mild horror, water in some form) that I'm hoping to submit to Torquere Press for one of their new 3-title 'Taste Test' series. I'll have one story out of three appearing in one of those in April (the other two, both fantastic, are by Emily Veinglory and Kay Derwydd and the collection has a centaur theme) and it seems like such a good idea I wanted to try and see if I could get one all to myself!

The leech story was too short by a few hundred words so I added a whole new scene where the leech king tries to drag the hero under water and the hero has to plead for his life. Hopefully it's added a bit of extra tension, too, which was rather lacking in the original version.

Now I just need to run the hoover over the other two stories and hopefully I'll be able to get the submission off in the next few days. After that, it's back to the edits. Oh joy. :)

No comments: