Friday, February 24, 2006

It's off!

I finished checking over all three stories, added a few words here and there, bundled them into one document and sent the whole thing off to Torquere for their Taste Test series. Fingers, eyes, toes and pretty much everything else crossed that they like the stories - although I'll understand if they have problems with 'Wild Thyme, Bitter Honey' because it in no way has a happy ending. And most publishers these days seem to prefer happy endings, because it's what sells. Oh well, now all I can do is sit back and wait and see.

I suggested a couple of overall titles for the collection - one was 'Watery Graves' which sums up the 3 stories to perfection but might be rather downbeat. It kind of suggests they're all tragedies which isn't the case at all. So just in case, I also suggested 'Mystic Waters', which hopefully doesn't sound too drippy. I enjoy thinking up titles for my stories but a whole collection is always that much harder because the title has to reflect not just one but all of the stories involved.

No comments: