Sunday, January 01, 2006

New design

I made a start on the html programming for Forbidden Fruit. This time we're going for a slightly different design, keeping (mostly) the same graphics and the same overall look and feel, but with a different layout which should give us less clutter and more space for comments and quotes. It's looking good but of course all the old pages need to be re-coded so I'm currently wading through the archive and changing them all by hand. I have to admit I'll be very glad when they're all done.

And I had a scare yesterday evening when I thought the magazine's site had been hacked because I got a sudden welter of pop-up adverts the minute I accessed the main contents page. After a few rather panic-stricken minutes we established that it hadn't - it was 'good' old Bravenet, who I'd used to set up a mini-poll on the page, throwing their weight round. Needless to say, the poll won't be making the transition into the new issue. I always have pop-ups switched off but if I'd had any idea of their number and invasiveness I'd never have signed up for the service in the first place. The last thing I want to do is annoy (or even infect) our readers....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oooo! I LOVE this new template! And I really need to update bookmarks to this one. *smacks forehead*