Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Writing resolutions

One of my friends was asking about making New Year's resolutions with a writing theme, and it set me thinking about resolutions that I ought to make. There's the usual suspects (finishing more of my works-in-progress before starting anything new; finishing more full stop) but I think this year my main resolution has to be to learn how to say no.

We're getting so many more submissions in for Forbidden Fruit these days that reading them all takes up massive amounts of time, and I should really be using whatever's left to write. But last year I joined far too many forums and email lists (some important sources of publisher information) and my time has been spread way too thin. I think I'm going to have to back away from some of them, and also to volunteer a bit less for stuff like betaing and proof-reading. It's a shame, but if I keep going the way I am, something's gonna give and I'll either have no time to write, or end up having a seizure!

No comments: