Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Phew

I finished Sticky Wicket at last. This has been quite a marathon for such a short story - first it got left while I was in hospital, then the characters refused to 'play ball' (sorry about the pun *grin*) when I coaxed them into the shower, and finally there was the word limit problem yesterday. But I eventually persuaded the men that they wanted each other more than a quick wash and a cold beer LOL and wrote the last scene just before lunch.

The story's still a smidge over the word count so I'll go back over it in a day or so and see if I can hack out anything else. After that, it's off to the anthology editor with it. I just hope the American and Canadian publishers understand cricket, because I've piled the references in and cricketing jargon must be one of the most baffling in sport.

No comments: