Monday, October 17, 2005

Crossed Wires

I had two sets of feedback from my betas on 'Crossed Wires', both of them very helpful. It sounds as if my fear that I'd quite literally 'lost the plot' with having to cut the story down so much is unfounded, which is one less thing to worry about. However, one beta pointed out that one of the minor characters didn't have a name and calling him 'the second man' all the way through one particular scene was very cumbersome. She was absolutely right, so I added an introduction into some dialogue and gave him a name, and it reads a lot more smoothly as a result. After that I rewrote one or two more sentences, gave it a quick spell-check, and whizzed it off to the editor at Whiskey Creek Press, who's been waiting with baited breath for a companion to 'To the Rescue', for my Torrid Teaser duo. She wrote straight back to say she'd got it (why can't more editors be as polite and helpful as that?!?) and I'm hopeful she'll like it.

My one concern is the subject matter, as it's a tale of undercover cops, telephone sex lines andd a snuff gang. But as I never actually describe the sordid happenings, just refer to them, I'm hoping it'll be okay.

No comments: